Q: How much does this service cost?
A: There is currently no fee associated with the service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
Q: Is it secure?
A: Yes, the mobile banking service utilizes best practices from online banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, PIN, or password access and application time-out when your phone is not in use. Only the phones that you personally enroll in the service can access your accounts. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone. And in the event your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by either going online to the Mobile Banking enrollment website or calling us.
Q: Which wireless carriers are supported?
A: We support the most predominant US wireless phone carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. If your carrier is not listed when you enroll, select 'Other' and try the Mobile Web option, or check back later, as new carriers will be added over time.
Q: Do I need a text message or data plan?
A: Yes, a text messaging and/or data plan is typically needed, as data usage can become expensive without them. Please check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Q: What is Activation?
A: Activation is a one-time process that helps ensure your security for text banking. After you enroll a phone, you will receive an activation code which will be required to begin using Text Banking on your device.
Q: What is Mobile Banking?
A: Mobile banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable mobile banking application, depending on your preference and your phone capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, search recent account activity and transfer funds. You may also have access to make mobile check deposits in mobile banking if your account type allows check deposits.
Q: How do I access Mobile Banking on my phone's browser?
A: After text banking activation, your phone will receive a text message with your Mobile Banking URL. You can visit the site at any time at https://mBanking.firstdata.com/wap/home/tabut/en
Q: How do I optimize my mobile web experience?
A: We recommend 3 steps for an optimal experience: 1) Ensure your phone's browser has cookies enabled. 2) Enable style sheets on your browser. 3) Bookmark our Mobile Banking site.
Q: Is Mobile Banking supported on my phone?
A: Mobile Banking is supported on most phones with a mobile web browser that supports cookies. In addition, the mobile application is available on many smartphones including: iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Both mobile web and mobile applications can be found by entering the mobile web URL (https://mBanking.firstdata.com/wap/home/tabut/en) in your phone's browser.
- Simply download TAB Bank Mobile app from iTunes® or Google Play® for your iPhone®, iPad®, or Android® device
- Alternatively, visit the URL link -- https://cat.mBanking.firstdata.com/wap/home/tabut/en -- and then select "Download the App" from the menu bar which will direct you to the appropriate store
- When finished, you will be notified that the download completed.
- Open the app and enter your TAB Online Banking login credentials to access mobile banking.
- After launching the application for the first time, you may be asked to give permission to access the data network. You will need to grant permission in order to proceed.
- The iPad application is available for download in the Apple store.
- If you are using your tablet to enroll with Text Banking, simply tap on the link provided and download the application from the App Store.
Q: What is TAB Bank Text Banking?
A: Text banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It's a fast and easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a shortcode.
Q: Can I use both Text Banking and Mobile Banking on my phone?
A: Yes, you can use both options from the same phone. To do so you will need to activate each option separately on your phone prior to use.
|Balance||Bal||Summary of available balances for all accounts|
|History||Hist||Summary of recent transactions per account|
|Command||C||List of available Text Banking commands|
|Help||HE||Help content for Text Banking|
|Login||L||Receive a URL for the TAB Bank Mobile Browser website|
|Stop||Stop||De-activate all TAB Bank text services|
|NOTE: You can check for additional available commands by activating your phone and sending C to 96865.|
Q: What is Mobile Check Deposit?
A: Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient, easy way to deposit checks from your mobile device into one of your accounts. With the TAB Bank Mobile Banking app on your iPhone®, iPad®, or Android®, you can take a photo of your check, enter the check information and securely submit your deposit for processing.
Q: Is there a bank fee to deposit my check with my mobile phone?
A: Mobile Check Deposit is available to eligible customers at no additional cost. There may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
Q: What accounts are eligible to use the Mobile Check Deposit option?
A: MoneyCard Checking, Business Alliance Accounts, Business Advantage PrePaid MasterCards, and savings accounts are eligible to use the Mobile Check Deposit. The MoneyCard NOW account is not eligible for check deposits.
Q: Where can I find the Deposit tab within my downloaded app?
A: All users should first download the latest version of the app from Google Play or iTunes Store.
Android and iPhone users: After successfully completing the login process, simply tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application. Select the "Check Deposit" option to begin your Mobile Deposit. Only those that are eligible for Mobile Deposit will be able to continue the deposit process after login.
iPad users: Open the app and complete the login process. Only those that are eligible to use Mobile Deposit will see the Deposit tab at the bottom of the home screen. Select the Deposit icon to begin your Mobile Deposit.
- iPhone (3G or higher with iOS 6.0 or higher). Older iPhones and devices without a camera are not supported.
- iPad (2 or higher with iOS 6.0 or higher). iPad Mini is also supported (with iOS 6.0 or higher). Other iPad versions and devices without a camera are not supported.
- The iPod Touch® is not supported at this time.
- Android (2.2 or higher) with a camera that supports auto focus.
You must also download and install the latest version of the TAB Bank Mobile Banking app from iTunes® or Google Play®.>
Q: Are there transaction limits with Mobile Check Deposit?
A:Yes, Mobile Check Deposits have a total daily limit of $3,000. Check deposits in excess of $3,000 cannot be processed through the mobile application. Further, check deposits requiring third party authorization cannot be processed through the mobile application. Call 800.355.3063 for deposits requiring third party authorization.
Q: Are my checks deposited immediately?
A: Successfully submitting your check image with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. Deposits made before 2:00pm MT are generally available on the next business day, Monday-Friday, with the exception of Federal holidays. Holds may apply, refer to Your Deposit Account Disclosure for more information. If you transmit an item after the cut-off time, or on a day we are not open, we may consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Check your deposit history on the "Recent" tab within the application to see your deposit status.
- Sign in to the TAB Bank Mobile Banking application.
- Tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application.
- Select the "Check Deposit" option.
- Select the "Recent" tab and navigate to your check.
- Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
Q: What should I do with the hard copies of my checks?
A: After successfully submitting a deposit with TAB Bank Mobile Check Deposit, it is advisable that you keep all original documents in a safe place for personal records for 60 days and then securely destroy them.
- Checks must be made payable to only you. Joint checks or checks made payable to "Cash" are not allowed. Also third party checks and checks requiring third party authorization are not allowed for deposit through this feature. Call 800.355.3063 for checks requiring third party check authorization.
- Checks must not be drawn on a foreign bank or payable in a foreign currency.
- Checks must not be altered on the front of the check in any way.
- Checks must have an authorized signature. Demand drafts or remotely created checks are not allowed.
- Checks must not be dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks must not be post dated.
- Checks must not have previously been returned stop payment or account closed.
- Checks must have a check number.
- Your check should have a valid account number and check number.
- Before you begin, properly endorse your check with your signature. The endorsement should read: For TAB Mobile Deposit Only & include the last 4 digits of your TAB Bank account number.
- Sign in to Mobile Banking, tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application, and select the "Check Deposit" option.
- Select the "Deposit" button and navigate to the check deposit screen. You will need to complete the check deposit form in order to submit your deposit request. Note: "Continue" will appear disabled until all required fields are completed.
- You should make sure your check is placed on a flat, well-lit surface with a contrasting background.
- Select either the "Front" or "Back" camera icon to take a photo of your check.
- Align the check image with the Camera viewfinder frame. Be sure to take a photo of the check side that matches the helper text: "Front" or "Back" in the viewfinder.
- Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the "Checkmark" button. If not, simply tap the red "Redo" button and try again.
- After you have successfully taken the "Front" and "Back" photos of your check, you will see small thumbnail image previews on the check deposit screen.
- In the "Amount" field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
- Tap the "Deposit To" field to select a deposit eligible account.
- After all the required fields are completed, the "Continue" button will appear enabled.
- Enter your email address in the "Email Receipt To" field if you would like to receive an email receipt of your deposit request. Note: This is an optional field.
- Review your entries and select the "Continue" button to complete the form.
- Select the "Approve" button to finalize and submit your deposit request.
Q: I enrolled my phone number but did not receive a text message. What should I do?
A: however sometimes mobile carriers experience delays which slow down text message delivery. While waiting, make sure your phone has a wireless signal. In addition, be sure you entered the correct phone number on the enrollment site. If you still do not receive it, try to enroll again. If the problem continues, contact your wireless carrier to be sure text messaging is enabled on your phone.
Q: I received an activation code but never used it. What do I do now?
A: Activation codes expire after a specific period of time (usually 24 hours). If you need a new one, return to the Mobile Banking enrollment site (called the Mobile Banking Center) and request a new activation code.
Q: What happens if I get a new mobile device or change phone numbers?
A: If you get a new mobile device or change phone numbers, be sure to return to Mobile Banking website via your PC and update your mobile device profile in the Mobile Banking Center. We recommend removing your old device and re-enrolling your new device.
Q: I activated Mobile Banking on my phone's browser. Why am I being asked to activate again?
A: At the time of activation a "cookie" is stored on your phone's browser which allows the Mobile Banking system to remember that you activated. The cookie is only visible by the Mobile Banking system and does not contain personal information. Some phones may require you to enable cookies or periodically erase them, requiring reactivation. If you are experiencing this issue, check your phone settings to ensure that cookies are enabled. If cookies are enabled and the issue persists, please contact your mobile network carrier for cookie support information on your mobile phone. If you would like to reactivate, text R or RECOVER to 96865. If TAB Bank supports enrollment on your mobile phone, you will not need to provide an activation code. However, you may be asked to enroll again due to issues with cookies.
Q: What if my device is lost or stolen?
A: If you are concerned about misuse of your phone, contact your mobile service provider immediately to stop all wireless service. Additionally, sign on to online banking and disable or remove your phone.
Q: Do I need to re-enroll into text banking after I purchase a new phone?
A: Yes. You must re-enroll into text banking after you purchase a new phone. Sign in to Online Banking on your computer and under User Services choose the Mobile Enrollment option. Enroll your mobile phone and follow the activation instructions.
Q: Do password reset requirements for internet banking affect my ability to perform mobile banking functions?
A: TAB Bank requires customers to change their internet banking password periodically. If you do not change your internet banking password as required you will be unable to perform certain mobile banking functions.
- Press the "Menu" button to open the BlackBerry's main application menu.
- Click "Browser" to to open the BlackBerry web browser.
- Press the "Menu" button again while in the browser.
- Select "Options" and click "Browser Configuration."
- Press the "Menu" button.
- Select "Save" to save your settings.
Please Note: In order to use mobile banking you must disable the Blackberry default browser and enable the internet browser.